Sunday, July 7, 2013

Revised Stash Report for June

Well, it seems I underestimated the yardage used in my Mega Medallion.  I need 3 yards of 108" wide backing.  How could a top needing that large a back consume only 8-1/4 yards including the piecing?  That can't be right.  I went back into EQ7 and put in the correct triangle measurements.  Now EQ says I used 9-3/4 yards. That seems more like it.

So, here are the revised numbers for June:

In June 2013: 8.5 yards
Out June 2013: -14.1625 yards

In year to date: 80.125 yards
Out year to date: -75.130yards

Net change: 5 yards accumulated

No yardage in and very little used this week.  I'll tally up all of July's ins and outs at the end of the month and post another stash report then.

This week I plan to work on testing my Strip Tease pattern to get it ready to publish.  Here are the fabrics I plan to use. The solids will appear as stripes against a white ground.  The original blue version of Strip Tease can be seen in the Gallery tab.

Pink Version for Strip Tease
 

Fabrics shown are Divine by Rosemarie Lavin Design for Windham Fabrics and Kona Cotton in Bright Pink 1049, Carrot 400, and Mango 192.  The sashing will be white.

I found when I was making a version to write the pattern and photograph the process that diverse colors don't work as well as related colors do.  My focus fabric featured Red, Teal, and Amber dots on Ivory ground, with the same bright colors for the stripes.  It came out too jarring, not pretty, even though the colors themselves are harmonious.  So I didn't finish the top, and I'm saving the parts for teaching samples.

I think the almost-analogous colors in the pink version will work well.  I'll take new photos of my progress to illustrate the pattern.

Linking up to Stash Report over at Patchwork Times.



1 comment:

  1. Fun fabric choices for your new project, very peach/berry, so just right for summer.

    ReplyDelete

So sorry to have to use word verification, but the spam has gotten unbearable lately.