I chose her orange option because I have a lot of orange in my stash. The pattern calls for orange to be used for the beak and crest. I used a very yellow-orange to contrast as much as possible with the orange background, but I think there's still not enough contrast. A little outline stitch embroidery in yellow will solve that problem.
These blocks are about 3/4" larger than she needs all around because she asked for extra seam allowance.
On Wednesday I went with some girlfriends to Paducah to shop at Hancock's of Paducah and visit the quilt museum. I did some serious damage at Hancock's, but in my defense I had a list of what I was looking for and I pretty much stuck to it, except for some nice pale background fabrics from the sale table. We had a great day! Come back Sunday for Stash Report; I have some major fessing up to do!