Monday, November 18, 2013

Design Wall Monday 11/18/13: First Saturday Blocks

LQS The Quilted Fox has a block of the month program and  this year's theme is "Fox Sails the Greek Isles."  The fabrics are all batiks - irresistible!  Each month there's a main block and an optional alternate block. I'm doing the alternate blocks as well as the primary ones. Now that we're four months into it - and I have this month's blocks done - I put them up on the wall to see what they look like so far.
 

A lot of movement -  This is going to be a very busy quilt! The white is all different tone-on-tones. The bright blue is consistent throughout all the blocks. Eight more months to go. (By the way, I don't count these monthly kits in the stash report so I won't count the top as fabric used when it's finished.)
 
To do for this week:
- Finish the binding on the pink quilt for the book proposal.
- Labels & sleeves for both proposal quilts.
- Take photos of both quilts (sorry, I can't show them on the blog).
- Final editing of the proposal. I'd like to FedEx it out Friday so AQS gets it next Monday; I'm hoping they'll include it in their December book proposal review.
- Layer, baste & quilt the little D9P that was on the design wall last week.
- Clean up the sewing room.
 
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times - check out what everyone else has on their design wall this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment