Friday, March 28, 2014

A Big Finish

Whoo hoo!!!   The last of the book quilts is finished!  This is Heat Wave. Sorry I can't show you more of it than this.
Heat Wave
 
This quilt was long-arm quilted by Darlene P. using a panto called Paisley Max.  Look at this beautiful texture - I just love it! I really like the scale and density of it, which harmonize well with the patchwork of the top.  I also like that it's modern and gender neutral, no feathers or flowers but not overly masculine, and much more interesting than simple meandering. 
Paisley Max Panto
 
To complement the warm-toned Kaffe Fasset prints used for the top, I chose orange thread for the quilting. It disappears in the prints and stands out in the black background patches on the top. The texture is just as beautiful on the top as on the back.


Linking up with Can I Get a Whoop Whoop over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Check out more Friday finishes over there.

1 comment:

  1. Woot Woot!! All the book quilts are done :) Happy dance time ;-)

    ReplyDelete