Monday, March 3, 2014

DWM 3/3/14: Sneak Peeks

My current project involves piecing with these wonderful Kaffe Fasset prints:
Kaffe Fasset prints from Westminster Fibers

Here's a peek at the progress so far:
Heat Wave piecing

This week I need to get this top finished, piece the backing for it, and send it to the long-armer, Darlene. Because of the busy-ness of the prints and the piecing, I'm planning an allover panto for the quilting. Darlene has a fabulous panto called Paisley Max that she also used on my Big Print Beauty, which we'll use on this one.

Another long-armer friend, Sandy, is great at custom quilting. She really has the vision to make the quilting enhance the design. I sent Zen Garden to her, and it came back fabulous. Sandy totally captured the concept, with pebbles, water, and organic leaves. I love it!
Zen Garden quilting

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out what everyone else has on their design wall.


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing those Kaffe fabrics in your quilt!

    ReplyDelete