Friday, March 14, 2014

"Singing the Blues" finished

Another book quilt is finished, Singing the Blues. I wish I could show more than just teases of it.
Singing the Blues

This quilt uses fabrics from Connecting Threads' Symphony of Blues collection plus a medium blue from a LQS. The high contrast forms a very graphic geometric pattern.
Singing the Blues with Bumpity panto quilting

Since the piecing is very square, I wanted allover quilting with some roundness to complement it.  I selected a panto from Urban Elements called Bumpity , which I think works great. The size, scale, roundness, and overall proportion work very well and I'm pleased with the result.  The quilting was done by Darlene of Foxy Quilts, who has been very accommodating of my special requests.

Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict; check out all the whoop-worthy excitement over there.

3 comments:

  1. Blue quilts are classic! Way to keep in Classy in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I loved that collection when I first saw it. I made up beautifully together. (I've been tempted also to order that "rhapsody of reds" they had) Singing The Blues ... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt. I love the sneak peek. :)

    ReplyDelete