This has been in the works for nearly a year, due to all sorts of issues: selecting the background, problems hand-appliqueing the points, changed priorities due to deadline projects, quilting challenges, and thread issues. Special thanks to my friend Cherie for helping to applique the points to the background when I found it too painful. All the problems have finally been resolved and it's finished! You can read about the top here and the quilting here. I finished the quilting using Superior Threads monofilament thread, very fine and soft; I really like it and will use it again.
So, after all that, I'm pleased with how it turned out. It finished at 49" by 71", a good size for a sofa throw. Love that binding!
The backing is perfect! I found it after I had pieced all the rows for the top, so the backing fabric did not establish the palette. But it sure complements it well!
A close up of the quilting: Meander in the background, chevrons in the rows.
Linking up with Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts and Can I A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Check out all the lovely finishes over there!