Friday, June 13, 2014

Finally Finished: Dresden Rows

Dresden Rows

This has been in the works for nearly a year, due to all sorts of issues: selecting the background, problems hand-appliqueing the points, changed priorities due to deadline projects, quilting challenges, and thread issues. Special thanks to my friend Cherie for helping to applique the points to the background when I found it too painful. All the problems have finally been resolved and it's finished!  You can read about the top here and the quilting here. I finished the quilting using Superior Threads monofilament thread, very fine and soft; I really like it and will use it again.

So, after all that, I'm pleased with how it turned out. It finished at 49" by 71", a good size for a sofa throw. Love that binding!

 
 
The backing is perfect! I found it after I had pieced all the rows for the top, so the backing fabric did not establish the palette. But it sure complements it well! 
 
A close up of the quilting: Meander in the background, chevrons in the rows. 
 
The photo shoot was well supervised.


Linking up with Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts and Can I A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Check out all the lovely finishes over there!

7 comments:

  1. That back was made for the quilt, no doubt about it. It makes a great binding, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful, the backing fabric perfect and your quilting supervisor is simply adorable! Visiting from Can I get a Whoop Whoop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Looks kind of like ice cream cones! And the backing is perfect--lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I'd never thought about doing Dresdens in rows, but it looks pretty cool. I like your little supervisor, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I have never seen Dresdens like this! I love it! This would be a great masculine pattern because they remind me of ties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well worth the effort and agony! Gorgeous quilt, great backing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a unique layout for the blades...great idea! The colours really pop on the brown background. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

So sorry to have to use word verification, but the spam has gotten unbearable lately.