Workroom at retreat
Getting Set Up
I got a lot accomplished. First, I put the binding on this little blue baby quilt that was already quilted. Since I machine-finish all my bindings, that went pretty quickly. (Sorry for the indoor, poorly lit photos)
Blue Baby Quilt
Next I worked on quilting and binding this girl charity quilt (for donation to CSQ's charity quilt drive). I had it already layered and pin-basted, so I marked it and quilted it using the walking foot. I was able to get it bound and finished.
Girl Charity Quilt
Then I worked on some machine applique dots and some framed squares using batiks. I love batiks, but I haven't used them much lately! Late on Sunday, when I had the blocks together, I laid them out on a flannel-backed tablecloth, and one of the girls helped me move blocks around for better color placement. I'll put them all up on my design wall at home and work some more on the layout. This photo is before we started moving the colors around. Obviously the color placement needs adjusting in some places: there are several background batiks, and too many of the darkest ones are clustered together.
Design Floor - Blocks Laid Out
I had such a good time! This retreat was held at a Girl Scout camp, where our hostess was on duty as the Supervisor. Since her duties did not require 100% of her time, she was able to spend time sewing, and she invited us all to keep her company. Our hostess has been invited back by the GS event organizer for next year, so I hope we get to do this again! Thank you, Chrissy!
Linking up today with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out everyone else's design wall - or floor - over there for inspiration.