Sunday, October 12, 2014

Stash Report & Sew Me St. Louis

The stash report took a couple of hits this week. First, I bought everything I needed for a baby quilt, top, back, and binding, for 6-1/2  yards in. I know I'll have some left over of a couple of those fabrics....

Then, I won a cool door prize yesterday, 8 FQs for another 2 yards in.
FQ Bundle of GRAMERCY by Leah Duncan for Art Gallery Fabrics

The event where I won the FQs was called Sew Me St. Louis and was a workshop & retreat with the STL Modern Quilt Guild. I had lots of fun and got a lot done.
Open Sew room at Sew Me St. Louis retreat

I was able to make a test block for the Plus Dash quilt #1 shown in this post.
Plus Dash block

And I was able to get rows together for a flying geese chevron quilt.
Chevron rows of flying geese

All in all, a good day, but nothing completed that I can count out. So, yardage in, 8-1/2 yards; out, 0.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for Stash Report Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win. I had a some fabric from that line of black and whites and yellows. Used them in a quilt that reminds me of a NY taxi cab. =^.^= Like your chevron piece will it go with the plus dash block? Enjoy the day. Retreats with friends new and known are always special times. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the bundle win - at least you didn't pay for that yardage! Sew Me St. Louis sounds like it was productive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time at the retreat. Always fun to bring home fabric you didn't have to pay for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might sound like a lot, but it is nice getting all the fabric for a project at once. Plus it is always nice to win something.

    ReplyDelete