Most of the sewing that happened here last week was spiral quilting and binding on Broken Chevron. People who know me know I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but I have to say, I'm pleased with how Broken Chevron turned out. I showed it at the STLMQG guild meeting Saturday and asked if they think I should enter it in QuiltCon, and got a resounding "yes."
Broken Chevron Detail
Nothing is on the design wall now. I'm working on Plus Dash blocks but I haven't gotten very far, just some colored & white strips sewn together.
Plus Dash Parts
IN: 7 yards of white for backgrounds for two projects. Also 1-1/2 yards of prints for the project above, several FQs and linear quarters. Do we call those LQs?OUT: Broken Chevron backing & binding, 3-1/4 yards.
Moving in the wrong direction but let's see what I can accomplish this month and see if I can break even.
But what I'm really excited about is my new camera. I mentioned to DH that I'd like a new camera for Christmas. After talking a lot about how I would use it, what my skill level is and what I'd like to learn, he's been doing some research, and narrowed the choices down to a couple for me to look at. We decided on the Olympus Stylus XZ-2. He decided to go ahead and get it for me and give it to me right away rather than wait until Christmas.
I didn't object.
I've been playing a lot with it, and yesterday was a beautiful crisp fall day here so we went to Laumier Sculpture Park and took some pictures. I forgot to note the names of the pieces and the artists.
I'm still learning the camera settings, so I mostly used the Auto and the Scene: Landscape settings. Here are a few favorites. (The images here on the blog are re-saved small file versions of the originals so they don't have the resolution of the originals)