Monday, March 2, 2015

Progress, or lack thereof but a good excuse

My design wall looks a lot like it did last week. The difference is that the sashing is all cut and placed, and some of it is stitched to the blocks. The blocks in the top row are joined together.
Sashing in progress, design wall 3/2/15

I had hoped to have the flimsy complete last week but life got in the way. DH fell on the ice while walking the dog last Sunday so we spent the morning in the ER. Yep, broken arm, just above the wrist. At least it's his left arm and he's right handed. So Monday we called the orthopedist and got an appointment for Tuesday morning. Tuesday we saw the orthopedist. Yep, the break needs a plate and screws to hold it together. So surgery was scheduled for 6am Wednesday. Surgery went well and DH is recovering. I played nurse and chief able-bodied head of household all week.

Over the weekend we got about 7" of snow. I was able to get half the driveway shoveled yesterday and the other half done this morning. I can tell that all my hard work at the gym is paying off. (This week is my five year anniversary of starting to exercise and I've kept it up and kept the weight off.)

Well, that certainly went off on a tangent...
Back to quilting, hopefully I'll get Gramercy & Friends finished to a flimsy this week. I did squeeze in a little other sewing last week - I made four pillowcases using fabric I brought home from the fabric swap, pictured in yesterday's post below. I wanted that fabric out asap. Plus, the deadline for turning in pillowcases is March 14.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday, Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday, and Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social.

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your husband's arm, but I am glad he is recovering. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry life has taken you off at such a tangent, and very sorry your DH broke his arm. I hope you get back to Gramercy and Friends soon - it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any and all progress counts. Your quilt is looking great. I confess I am much more scared by a small patch of ice than a mountain of snow. Good luck with the appointments for your husband's arm. I hope it heals quickly and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your husband is recovering nicely from his surgery. Ice is not our friend! Your quilt top is coming together beautifully. There is something about these colors that is just so soothing. Hope you have a little more time to sew this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your guy falling on the ice and glad it was just a broken arm. Not that not's inconvenient, but it could have been worse. Your Gramercy and Friends is gorgeous. Hopefully life will cut you a break and you'll have time to sew this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's look great and I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's fall! Hopes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your DH's fall, hope he heals well and soon!

    Was kind of amused to see the title of the blog and then a (almost) B&W quilt in progress! ;) It looks great though - the strong contrasts work really well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch, hope your husband is on the mend. I love the colours in your quilt - looks beautiful already.

    ReplyDelete