Friday, August 28, 2015

Basketball Plus Quilt


In last Sunday's stash report I mentioned that I had finished the basketball donation quilt. I was able to get some outdoor photos this week.
 

 
STLMQG is having a donation drive for kids' quilts, due in November. I'm not sure if it's officially Project Linus or a similar charity, but same purpose. There's always a need for quilts for boys that don't look too babyish.
 
Basketballs and masculine prints. This should do for an 8-12 year old boy, I think. It's 44" by 56".
 
The backing is the same solid brick orange as in some of the pluses on the front. You can see a glimpse of it in the top photo. It's the last of a 200 thread count sheet I bought pre-2000. With the simple SID quilting, the back looks like a puffer jacket. The binding is the last of a versatile stripe I've had in my stash for several years. I've used it so many times I'm tired of it; it's good to finally use it up.
 
This is #26 on my personal list of donation quilts for kids. 74 more to go in my lifetime! Guess I'd better get busy - I'm not getting any younger.

Linking up with Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts and Whoop-Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

5 comments:

  1. This is perfect for a boy. I love the look of plus sign quilts someday I will get around to making one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to both use up stash but stash you are ready to see out the door! Your porch makes a lovely backdrop for the photographs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful boy quilt. And what a great goal to make 100. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great boy quilt! Fun fabrics and it really works in that cross quilt design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it will be treasured by a young boy - great design and fabric choices!!

    ReplyDelete