Monday, August 31, 2015

DWM 8/31/15: Writing, not sewing this week

My actual design wall looks the same today as it did last week. I did make some progress cutting pieces for the sashing and borders of the two BOM WIPs.

I don't expect to get much time for sewing this week. Instead, I'll be working on this design wall:

I'm participating in the Fabri-Quilt New Block Blog Hop. My day to post my block and tutorial is Wednesday, Sept. 2, so come back then and see my block. The blog hop starts today over at Quilting Jetgirl, so go check it out. There's a giveaway, too.
Fabri-Quilt New Block Blog Hop

My Fabri-Quilt block tutorial is mostly written, just needs a few tweaks, so I'll work on that and have it ready to post Wednesday. As an added bonus, I've used by block in some EQ quilt designs. I'll post a tutorial for my favorite design on Friday, so come back for that. It's pretty cool, very versatile depending on the coloration. Spring, Summer, Christmas, Quilt of Valor, or whatever you want depending on the colors you choose. Writing that tutorial will keep me busy this week.

The other deadline item I need to have written by Friday is the supply list & pre-cutting instructions for the workshop I'm teaching at Sew Me St. Louis, an STLMQG event being held in October. I'm teaching blocks and my fun and easy method for constructing them from my soon-to-be published book, Cut and Shuffle Quilts.

So even though my design wall is electronic this week, I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times. Check out everyone else's real design walls over there.

5 comments:

  1. I am blown away by all the creativity that I have seen today and look forward to getting to view your tutorial on Wednesday. I hope you have a great week and find some sewing time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat design wall. I like your combination of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to be a writing day for me, too. Sometimes we just gotta do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like playing in EQ, but I have to be careful how much time I spend or I won't have time to actually make anything!

    ReplyDelete