Sunday, August 23, 2015

Stash Report 8/23/15

Nothing in again this week, yay!

And, I finished the basketball donation quilt yesterday so I get to count it out. 2-5/8 yards for the top, 1-7/8 yards for the back, and 1/2 yard for the binding.

OUT this week, 5 yards. Still moving in the right direction! Totals at the end of the month.

This week or next I may have some acquisitions, but all planned for specific purposes. I'm planning to use my blocks from the last QF First Saturday series for two sofa quilts for potential Christmas gifts. I'll need sashing and borders for one, and borders/setting triangles for the other. Also, I'll need to purchase backing for my flying geese quilt. With all those seams and the weight of the top, I want a no-seam wide backing. So, some yardage will be coming in, but for specific usage, not merely stash enhancement.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out everyone's stash management progress over there.

3 comments:

  1. I think I have some of that black and orange basketball fabric. Hope the donation quilt sells well and raises lots of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good week. This quilt will make some boy happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish! Buying for specific projects is my favorite way to purchase lately. (Always subject to change.)

    ReplyDelete