Saturday, April 2, 2016

One Monthly Goal

Heidi over at Red Letter Quilts encourages goal setting and prioritizing by hosting One Monthly Goal. I always have several goals each month, but for April I'm prioritizing this one: layer, baste, quilt and bind this black & tan quilt.

This will finish at 58 x 58", lap quilt size, and is destined for Hands2Help/Happy Chemo. Since I quilt using my domestic machine, this will give me a chance to practice FMQ with the stitch regulator on my new machine.

The colors and prints are masculine; sometimes it's harder to find good masculine fabrics except for recycled shirtings. I've had a thing for neutrals lately, and I really like these together.

My other goals for April include posting a two-part tutorial for my Framed Nine Patch quilt, keeping up with bee blocks, and having fun in Paducah. But definitely, finishing the black & tan quilt is my priority OMG for April.
grab button for RedLetterQuilts

5 comments:

  1. I love the deep chocolate in this quilt, plus the stripes with the dots. Good luck with your April goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely masculine quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these fabrics and the stripey sashing. Neutral, yet RICH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that striped sashing around those blocks! Gorgeous.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quilt; I love the numbers fabric. Have fun playing on the new machine!

    ReplyDelete