Sunday, April 24, 2016

Post-Paducah Stash Report

I was bad. Very bad. But I had such a good time!
Not only did I have a good time acquiring stash all week, I got to hang out with friends, meet some of my blog readers, and share my Cut and Shuffle Quilts story with show attendees. It was a fabulous week!
Me in the Author Booth. 

I may have gone a little overboard with the fabric purchases.
Or not.
I ended up adding 40-1/2 yards. My total amount spent breaks down to $6.28 a yard including the tax. I'll take a hit to my stash report for those prices any day, if the fabrics are some that I like and can use.

So, stash report: In this week: 40-1/2 yards. Out: 0. I may have a finish to count this coming week, so I'll tally up the totals for the month and the year at the end of the month.

All right, enough with the words, now, let's get to the pictures! First up, some general stash enhancement. I didn't have a plan for specific purchases, but I looked over my stash ahead of time and took photos of some color groups that were lacking. I told myself I would not buy any orange or any green - my green basket overfloweth. However, who can resist a bias stripe for bindings, and a half-yard of Kona teal at $3.97/yard?
Miscellaneous Stash Enhancers

I'm lacking in blues so when blue was the color of the day, I found these. My friend thinks the one in the middle looks like a dress, which made me think of a Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress.
New Blues

On pink & purple day, I found some corals and magentas. Each day, I found good stash basics and neutrals among the flat folds.
Mmmm - Magenta, and Some New Neutrals

Coral is my favorite color. I may have gotten carried away....
Coral Collection

I didn't clip swatches of anything and carry them with me as I shopped, I just chose what I liked. But somehow a palette emerged. So much for not buying any greens. That pale aqua on the far right is Tula Pink elephants.
Sweet Palette

I did in fact buy some greens for a specific purpose. A deep accent color, because deep shades are hard to find. And four yards of backing for a planned project that I haven't even started yet.
Backing and Accent

And who can resist the FQ packs at Nancy J's? Not me. The Kaffe & batik below called to me, as well as the pastel FQs in the sweet collection above.
Kaffe FQs

Last but not least, some Grunge and Painters Canvas. Most of these are for a planned project and a couple are just because I couldn't resist. That raspberry was too delicious to pass up!
Grunge and Painters Canvas

I treated myself to some non-fabric splurges, too. A replacement sunglasses case/wallet; a coffee mug, and handbag handles.
More Paducah Goodies

All in all it was a great trip, and good karma was very much with us. Although rain was forecast for Weds. & Thurs., we never got more than a sprinkle and never had to open the umbrellas. No parking hassles. No major problems, and the little annoyances were either fixed or no big deal. My friend was even able to get a hotel reservation for next year already!

But seriously, I think I did enough stash damage for awhile. I'm going to have to get busy and sew up all this new fabric! Linking up with Patchwork Times and Molli Sparkles.

PS - We saw some beautiful quilts in the show, too, bit I didn't take pics.

7 comments:

  1. I love the photo of your during your book demo, and I am so glad someone took that and shared it with you so I could feel like I was there, too! You know, when you love a color it is so hard not to buy any of it (says a blue-a-holic). And I am crushing on Grunge fabrics recently, too. It sounds like a delightful visit and it will be fun to see you sew with these additions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You win:). 29 yards in for me. It was a fabulous trip, laughter, beautiful quilts, good weather, and fabulous fabric shopping, woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You beat my 25 yards, too! I like your averaging the price -- I should do that. So glad to have a chance to chat with you. Glad it went well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you added so much. Great fabrics! But the best was seeing the picture with you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought I needed help! Wonderful purchases and thank you- I don't feel so bad any more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are similar buyers. I could have bought all the same stuff especially the last stuff. And have.
    Looks like you had a great time!! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some great stash enhancements! Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete