Monday, April 4, 2016

What I'm Working on...

Nothing actually on my design wall today, but I do have several projects in the works.

First up, I'm preparing a tutorial for my Framed Nine Patch quilt. I'll post part 1 on Wednesday Apr. 6, and part 2 on the 13th. Part 1 will cover fabric selection, cutting, and making the starter blocks. Part 2 will cover cutting up the starter blocks, rearranging the parts into nine-patch blocks, and adding optional borders. I hope you'll join me!
Framed Nine Patch

Another priority for me this week is to make new Cut and Shuffle Quilts block samples for Paducah. I'll be demonstrating my Block Mama method in the AQS Author Demo booth on Thursday from 4-6 pm and on Saturday from 10 am-noon. If you're going to Paducah, please come say hello - I'd love to meet my readers!

And not quilt related, but still sewing fun, I'm making doll clothes. My SIL has been encouraging me to check out the toys, etc. at the local Goodwill store. So I went last week, and although they didn't have anything I wanted for grandson CJ, I did find a doll I couldn't resist.  She's an 18" doll similar to American Girl, in excellent condition, never played with, but no clothes or shoes. $4. I'll make clothes and accessories for her and give her to my great niece for Christmas. Isn't she pretty?!


My plan is to make one outfit or accessory set a month between now and Christmas. I get the enjoyment of playing with dolls and doll clothes, and then Maddie will get a new doll with a great wardrobe. Win-win!

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times - check out other quilters' actual design walls over there.

6 comments:

  1. I'm currently planning to get to Paducah in time for Gerald Roy's lecture on Thursday morning so I will try to get by to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great price for such a nice doll, I think your great niece is very blessed. Making doll clothes is a lot of fun, I think I like it more than adult clothing because they always fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome that you will be doing demos at Paducah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful doll! I love dolls too. Your great niece is going to be thrilled. I really love your quilt too. It's such an interesting pattern, it makes me want to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty doll! Your niece will be thrilled. I'm looking forward to the rest of your F9P instructions; I really like the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift for Christmas. Enjoy Paducah!

    ReplyDelete