Monday, June 13, 2016

PAussietivity Blocks, Bee Blocks, and Plans for Camp

I made a replacement block for PAussietivity* using the mustard Grunge and I'm pleased with it. I put the blocks back on the wall on top of the Aussie fabric just to see how the sashing will look, and it works well.
Blocks & Australian print for PAussietivity

My STLMQG bee, Sew Bee It, had a Sew In on Saturday. Marie provided the fabric for the wonky stars and the instructions, and asked us to raid our scraps and make two blocks. I was able to get one block made, and traded patches with a friend so I made the other block yesterday. I have leftover duplicate pieces that I'll give to Marie so she can scatter them around in other blocks to help unify her quilt.

I also got some more of the LC Triangle blocks made at the Sew In, but I still have more to finish. I'll finish them at camp/retreat this weekend. My priority for this week is to get all the sashing and border parts for PAussietivity cut and kitted up to work on at camp. I hope to get the top completely assembled. I'll take both PAussietivity and LC Triangles to camp plus a UFO that's already kitted up, so I should have plenty to keep me busy.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out all the design wall inspiration over there.

*Aussie fabric version of Positivity from Cut and Shuffle Quilts

3 comments:

  1. PAussietivity looks great! I'm so excited to see how the Aussie fabric adds to the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your grunge blocks look with your sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gold does work better with the other darker colors. Good luck with all your preparations for the retreat.

    ReplyDelete