My latest fabric purchase: I ordered these cute Forest Fellows prints for a baby quilt for my niece who's expecting her third boy in October. These will make a cute little boy quilt. I found some Orange Grunge to go with them, and I have some Kona Bone in my stash for background. The forest print will be borders and backing; the aqua foxes will be used in the pieced blocks.
Forest Fellows from Robert Kaufman
June Stash Report
IN this month: 11 yards (1 yd - 4 colors Grunge x 1/4 yd ea @ Janie Lou; 5.5 yds ordered for baby quilt; 1/2 yd - 2 more colors of Grunge; 1/2 yd - mustard & lime grunge; 1 yd white Grunge from QF for BOMs; 1/2 yd orange Grunge for baby quilt; 2 yds wide backing for PAussietivity)
OUT this month: 18-1/8 yards (1-7/8 yds wide backing & 5/8 yd binding for Dancing Plus; 6 yds for PAussietivity top; 3-5/8 yds for magazine image challenge flimsy; 2-3/8 yds for D pillow; 2-5/8 yds for M pillow; 1 yd for Pulse heart blocks)
MONTH net change: 7-1/8 yards out
YTD IN: 67-1/8 yards
YTD OUT: 71 yards
YTD Net Change: 3-7/8 yards out
Whoo hoo! I'm in the black for the year!!! YAY
June Goals Update & July Goals
1. Quilt Dancing Plus. DONE and bound and slept under it at GS camp
2. Piece one new top at Sew-in and GS camp. DONE; pieced LCT blocks and pieced blocks & finished magazine challenge flimsy.
3. Finish collecting fabrics for PAussietivity and cut out. DONE; not only cut out but flimsy complete, backing purchased.
4. Plan and organize 12 Days of Christmas In July blog hop project & post. DONE; projects are sewn and photos & notes are prepped to write tutorial.
5. Make one doll outfit. DONE, made two tee shirts, jeans, & denim skirt.
6. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE
7. If returned from the long armer, finish SID quilting on Maple Leaf Star. Not back from the quilter yet.
Other: Made 5 heart blocks for Orlando MQG's drive for Pulse
Wow, I didn't realize I accomplished so much this month! No wonder my stash numbers looked good. My bee's Sew-In and a 3-day retreat at GS camp really helped. Plus I stayed home in the air conditioning a lot this month and it turned out to be really productive for me.
1, Write and post 12 Days of Christmas in July tutorial, to go live 7/21.
2. Prep PAussietivity & its backing and take to the long armer.
3. Plan and write up secret project, a collaboration with Alycia for later.
4. Work on Laurie's baby quilt.
5. Layer, baste, and quilt QF 2015 alt blocks quilt
6. If returned from the quilter, finish SID quilting and bind Maple Leaf Star.
7. Keep up with bee blocks
8. Make one doll outfit or accessory item
OK, that should keep me busy!
And just because I feel good about accomplishing so much in June, here are pics of some of my finishes.
Magazine challenge top
Pulse blocks for Orlando MQG
Linking up with Patchwork Times and Molli Sparkles