After my mix-up with the measurements, I was able to make one top with nine of the original blocks, and I had seven blocks left over. So I made a second top using a harmonious print that I found in my stash.
Here's top #1 using the green honeycomb print that Heart Builders sent:
Close up of both versions:
Heart builders originally sent me a yard of the green print and a yard of white. To that I added 2-1/8 yards of my own white, 1/4 yard each of my own orange and turquoise, 3/8 yard of stripe, and 1/4 yard of the extra green print, for a total of 3-1/4 yards of my own stash used.
So these are ready to be mailed back to Heart Builders. This was fun, and I hope they'll keep me in mind next time they need a top (or two!) pieced.
Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
PS - I have some family and personal stuff going on and some secret sewing that has to be done for a deadline. I'm going to take a little break from the computer for a while. I spend far too much time on it, and I need to concentrate on other priorities. I'll be back by the end of the month and I hope to have some fun stuff to share when the time comes.