Friday, November 25, 2016

BB Finish x 2

OK, I know I changed direction and put the BB variation tops on hold in order to work on a Christmas gift need that came up.

But, duh, what was I thinking?!!!  I can give them the larger BB quilt for Christmas. So the new Dancing Plus blocks are now on hold, and the larger BB quilt is back on the priority list. I feel like I'm ricocheting from project to project.

I got the borders added and the flimsy finishes at 56 x 68", featuring the blocks with more coral/less green in them. If I have enough solid black in my stash, I may add a narrow border all around, but it's not critical and I'm not going to buy any fabric for it if I don't have enough.

Bonus - there was enough of the border print stripe for the smaller version too, which finishes at 44 x 56" and features the blocks with more green in them. I was able to match the print repeat so you can't even tell where I pieced one of the sides together.

The border print goes perfectly with both versions, and I'm glad I had enough for both.

So, not one but two flimsie's finished this week! Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting both quilts to the finished flimsy stage. Separating the green and coral was inspired, both quilts turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome realization and hooray for having enough border fabric for both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really fun quilts! I am working on one that is very similar, so it is fun to see how yours look when all sewn together. They definitely seem to dance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! I often am bouncing from one project to another!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So neat seeing the two different tops. Good luck getting them finished.

    ReplyDelete