Sunday, November 6, 2016

Stash Enhancement

OK, I fell off the wagon this week. Big time. But look at all the goodies I scored!!!

A local shop was having their Fat Quarter Frenzy event and a sale on yardage. FQs were $1 each. Yes, that's right, $1 for designer quality quilting fabric FQs. There's some Kaffe Fasset in there, some Carolyn Friedlander, and I don't know what all else. Plus wide backing at 15% off.

I chose a lot of low volume/pale background prints because they're always great stash additions and at this price, I didn't think twice about so much stash enhancement. The pink plaid is for doll clothes - I have a plan for it. The black & white prints are also great stash enhancers. The blues are for QOV blocks. The Kaffe print - 2 pieces - coordinates with a lot of other Kaffe prints in my stash and I love the color combo.

At a different shop I also bought 3/8 yard for binding for my STLMQG Crayon Challenge project, and immediately used it. Since it's a non-favorite Burnt Sienna color, I'm glad to not have extra in my stash.

So, IN this week, 2-1/2 yards wide backing, 6-3/4 yards FQs, and 3/8 yard for binding for a total of 9-5/8 yards added.

OUT this week, 3/8 yards for binding on my challenge project.


Linking up with Patchwork Times and Molli Sparkles

5 comments:

  1. Great purchases! You'll find a place for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I'd have fallen completely out of the wagon at $1 for a FQ. You were wise with your "Washingtons"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was also Valori Wells, Joel Dewberry & Denyse Schmidt but alas very few low volumes by time I got there. It was a great sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good additions. It's a good thing I didn't make it to the shop. I am on a fabric diet, but I love a good bargain. That's how I acquired so much fabric in the first place.! Your challenge runner is very pretty. I'm making a Fall quilt with the same block (I think) for my piecing group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did really well on finding some great stash enhancements.

    ReplyDelete