December IN; 2-3/4 yards (8 FQs won from STLMQG; 3 FQs gift from Sew Bee It; Jelly Roll won from STLMQG not counted.)
December OUT: 3 yards (5/8 yard add'l border for Bohemian Bento Box; 1/2 yard binding for BBB; 1-7/8 yards wide backing for BBB.)
2016 Total IN: 104-5/8 yards
2016 Total OUT: 130-1/4 yards
2016 Net Change: 25-5/8 yards less in the stash than I started with.
My goal for 2017 is to break even or reduce stash. I'll continue linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times because these stash reports help keep me mindful of my fabric acquisitions. Since I've been logging my stash ins and outs, I haven't added as many prints just because I like something. When I do add, usually on sale, I focus on background neutrals, basics, backings if needed, and sometimes versatile prints. I give myself permission to add fabric at any time if it's needed to move a project forward or finish something.
Bohemian Bento Box, completed & gifted in December
I've published my overall goals for 2017, but I'd like to briefly recap how I did in December and lay out the specific goals for January.
1. Layer & baste, quilt, bind and label the coral Bento Box quilt for a Christmas gift. Done & sent. Renamed Bohemian Bento Box from the border print.
2. Assemble the Dancing Plus top. Not touched. 😞
3. Make progress on one WIP: Roman Road or LCT QOV. LCT QOV is in the process of being spiral quilted. It's about 40% done.
4. Inventory UFOs for 2017. Done: I currently have 8 UFOs and 7 WIPs.
5. Keep up with bee blocks. Done
December was just too busy with Christmas preparations, and family & household stuff, so I didn't spend nearly as much time sewing as I did in November, and didn't accomplish nearly as much. But all Christmas gifts were done well in time, no last minute rush.
1. Complete LCT QOV. Contact local QOV rep about donation.
2. Assemble blocks for Dancing Plus II into a flimsy.
3. Make progress on at least one WIP or UFO.
4. Keep up with bee blocks.
LCT QOV top. Quilt must be completed in January.
I'm hoping for a productive month. How about you, do you have quilty plans for January? Wishing you all the best in 2017,
Happy New Year!