Friday, October 13, 2017

Planned, Prepped, Packed

STLMQG is having our annual retreat this weekend, called Sew Me St. Louis. I'm so looking forward to a weekend sewing with friends!

Since it's hard to concentrate and I'd rather socialize, I usually take easy projects that don't require much serious thought to work on. Several projects are planned and prepped.

A QOV that started as leaders & enders. I plan to get the top assembled, then I'll hand it off to the quilters at QOV of Eastern Missouri.

Sashing units for the Solstice Challenge blocks. The blocks are laid out and numbered; I'll bring them along and maybe I can get the blocks and sashing sewn into rows.

HSTs for a donation top. This a stash busting project that will probably go to Sarah for a Heart Builders quilt.

This ought to be enough to keep me busy for two days! And hidden in these packs are bee blocks, a baggie of scraps for the Scrap Scramble, and my fabric swap contribution. So fun! All packed up and ready to go.

The retreat is in town, at a hotel about a half-hour away, so if I've forgotten anything essential I can always come home and get it. They'll have ironing and cutting stations set up for us, so I don't have to haul that stuff along. Just gotta throw together my overnight bag, bring along a snack to share, and I'll be all set.

Whoo-hoo! Looking forward to a fun weekend. Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time! I've driven several hundred miles to Quilt Camp so if I've forgotten anything, I'm sunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time. I have so many blogging friends headed out to quilting retreats this weekend. I just might be a little jealous. Have a great weekend! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sounds like such a good time! Don't forget to take pictures and show all the goodies everybody is making! :)

    ReplyDelete