Monday, December 11, 2017

My Lucky Day

On Saturday STLMQG held their December meeting which is always a ticket raffle, a fun event and a fund raiser for the guild. Members donate desirable items and/or purchase tickets, then drop tickets into the bag corresponding to the item they want to win. I contributed an item and purchased $10 worth of tickets, so I had 40 tickets to spend.

Last year I didn't win anything. This year sure made up for that!!!

Everyone wanted this sign made by Marie, and I'm the lucky winner. This will look great on the wall in my sewing room.  Thank you, Marie!

I also won a FQ bundle of Casey York's new fabric line, Fine Spun Volume 1. Casey is a very talented member of STLMQG and the author of Modern Applique Illusions and The Applique Book: Traditional Techniques, Modern Style.

There were several Moda Frivol kits offered and I won one of them, complete with finishing kit. This one features the Little Miss Sunshine line. The tin contains a pattern and enough 7" pre-cut squares to make the blocks for a small quilt.

And a miscellaneous bundle, half yards of some useful blenders and a cute Mini Guitar Picks print:

After the meeting my bee went to lunch and had our group Christmas party. So much fun; we missed those who weren't able to be there. In the gift exchange I received this lovely AMH bundle of FQs from Lauren. I love it - such rich colors - and that coneflower print is a favorite!  Thanks, Lauren!

Truly my lucky day! This adds up to 10-7/8 yards going into my stash. I'm grateful to those who donated these items and happy to have won them.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure made up for last year!!! Congratulations! I love all your new goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you DID have a good day! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday was your lucky day! It will be fun to see what you create with all of your new fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you ended up with the "Create" mini!

    ReplyDelete