Friday, January 26, 2018

A Finished Flimsy: January Donation Top

So far I'm on track with my goal to piece and/or quilt one donation quilt a month for the year. I quilted the girly pink one earlier this month, and now I've finished piecing the toddler boy I-Spy top.

This top was kind of long and skinny, so I added side borders. Now it measures 40" x 54", a good size for some little guy to drag around.

Trucks and tractors; space ships and soccer balls; dinosaurs, fish, and elephants. Lions, tigers, and hippos and a giraffe. Letters and numbers; stars, crayons and rubber duckies; bicycles and bugs. This top used up some leftover 5" and 10" print squares that were languishing in my stash. Win-win!

We even had a pleasant day so I could take some outdoor pics, whoo-hoo!

I plan to quilt this in February, but first I need to get some fleece to back it with. I like using fleece backing instead of batting & cotton backing for kids' donation quilts because it's more cuddly for the kid and less costly  for me.


Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict and TGIFF at MMM Quilts

9 comments:

  1. You are more than meeting your goal so far! Bright and fun, I can definitely see this being drug around and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good colors and fun fabric; perfect for a little guy! Congrats on meeting your goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very quilt! Lots of bright colors and fun stuff for a little boy. Congrats on keeping up with your donation goal so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun quilt for a little kid! This is the second quilt I've seen today with two side borders. I'm usually not that into borders, but this really appeals to me. How close do you usually quilt on quilts with fleece backings?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great I-spy piece! I agree that fleece makes sense for kid's quilts like this. I wish I had the space to store a fleece stash as well as batting and backings. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! Do you have a specific place/area that you donate your quilts?

    https://prayersformymom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt, love those bright colours! I need to remember to do more of that, fleece on the back as it is so cuddly and less cost as well with no batting. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, that's a good I Spy quilt - love the side-only borders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure this is going to make some boy so very happy. Love the bright colors and the simple pattern.

    ReplyDelete