Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January Stash and Goals Update

Wow, we're already one month into 2018 already! January just flew by. Let's check out the state of the stash and see how I did on my goals.

Stash Report:
IN this month: 4-3/4 yards (Jackman's FQ sale - 3-3/4 yds;  So Inclined binding - 1 yd)
OUT this month: 18-1/8 yards (Boy I-Spy donation top - 2-3/8 yds.  Gave I-Spy Squares to Suzanne S - 5/8 yd.  Gave blue strips to Margaret - 3/8 yard.  So Inclined top, estimated 9 yds of my fabric; backing, 2-3/8 yds wide backing; 3/4 yds binding.  Roman Road top, my added fabrics (not BOM kits) - 2-5/8 yds.)
Month and YTD net change: 13-3/8 yards OUT

There were some finishes that I haven't blogged about yet. Roman Road is no longer languishing as a UFO, it's a flimsy, and I'll share it Friday.  So Inclined came back from the quilter and I got it bound; I'll share it in February. Lots of yardage out already this year, so no guilt for the FQ purchases at the beginning of the month.
Toddler Boy I-Spy Donation Top

Goals Update: 

January Recap:
1. Piece &/or quilt one donation top. DONE and DONE, Positively Pink quilted and bound; toddler boy I-Spy top pieced. 
2. Make at least one checkerboard and one Dresden block for the red project. DONE
3. Lay out and determine placement of colors for Pickle Dish project; kit up block components; start sewing blocks. DONE; twelve blocks completed. 
4. Work on Roman Road UFO. DONE - Whoo-hoo, a finished flimsy!
5. Work on some other UFO or WIP or determine what to do about it. Not done.
6. Hand sew on WIVSP Piecing Group Project. Not done.
7. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE

Other: Bound "So Inclined" which came back from the quilter this month.

Positively Pink Donation Quilt

So Inclined
~ stories to come in February ~

February Goals:
1. Prep Roman Road top and backing to send to the quilter.
2. Go through stash and pull unwanted pieces to contribute to the annual CSQ Fabric Swap.
3. Piece &/or quilt one donation top.
4. Make at least one checkerboard and one Dresden block for the red project.
5. Write pattern for "So Inclined."
6. Work on a UFO or WIP or determine what to do about it.
7. Hand sew on WIVSP Piecing Group Project.
8. Keep up with bee blocks.

Roman Road, detail

That should keep me busy. A couple of ongoing in-progress projects, writing a pattern, possibly a new piecing start, and work on a UFO. Enough variety to keep me interested and keep the blog interesting, too.


Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you that your I Spy quilt gave me inspiration on ways to enlarge a block for my Gypsy Wife quilt. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Jan. I would be in big trouble if I had to figure out how much fabric I have, LOL But it looks like you are on the right track to use it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sneak peeks! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your finishes :)

    ReplyDelete