Monday, January 15, 2018

Pickle Dish Blocks

Whoo-hoo! Four of them made already!


I took the parts for each block off the wall and clipped them together so I can keep the colors organized and in the right positions. The blocks in the photo above are four of the blocks from the bottom row of the quilt.

Color placement matters, so each block is labeled.


These are challenging blocks to make. I made them 1/8" oversized so they can be squared up and trimmed down. These have not been trimmed yet, and the blocks are just stuck on the flannel wall so they look a bit wonky. That'll be fixed when they're squared up and joined together.

I think the dense background print is going to hide the block joining seams nicely - just as I hoped it would.

Four blocks down and 32 to go... But I'm really excited to see this quilt coming along. This one's for me!


Linkups:
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Em's Scrapbag
Love Laugh Quilt

10 comments:

  1. Love your blocks. THis quilt will be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks look great, congratulations on having 4 done and feeling excited about how they are coming together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love pickle dish quilts! Your blocks look fantastic. Are you paper piecing them, using templates, EPP?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of your pickle dish blocks! I would also like to know if you are paper piecing them. I have a pickle dish on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking very good. I love these blocks but don't know if I'll ever make the attempt! Clever to make them a skosh big to trim down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Can't wait to see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jan, I am in love with pickle dish blocks. I have never made one and want to make LOTS of them. Can't at the moment as still in moving hell but soon... seeing yours I want to get moving on it! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been a fan of Pickle Dish blocks, but your fabric choices are so fun! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a challenging quilt this will be. Can't wait to see what other colors you are using. Don't think I will ever make one of these, but yours will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your choice of background fabric is intriguing. It really works, but it wouldn't have been an obvious choice. The blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete