Monday, April 30, 2018

April Stash Report and Goals Update

My sewing machine is still not back from the repair shop. It's been there since April 14. Therefore I certainly didn't accomplish as much in the sewing room this month as I would have liked.

On the other hand, I certainly accomplished some stash enhancement in Paducah!

April Stash Report:
IN this month: 30-3/8 yards (from Paducah)
OUT this month: 2-1/4 yards (N4Nb quilt from Libby's mystery blocks)

IN YTD: 55-5/8 yards
OUT YTD: 57-7/8 yards
YTD Net Change: 2-1/4 yards out

Whew, still doing all right for the year. Thank goodness I had this one finish this month, a Nurses for Newborns quilt using the blocks I made for Libby's mystery. The back is a cute dot print.
April Nurses for Newborns quilt, front and back

Goals Update: 

April Recap:
1. Prep fabric and start cutting & piecing grandson's big bed quilt. Yes, Blocks made and sewn into rows, then three seams unsewn to fix placement.
2. Finish the Nurses for Newborns quilt made from Libby's Mystery blocks. DONE
3. Work on a Hands2Help quilt. Did not sew one, but I've washed and packed four Rocking Chair Quilts to send to Little Lambs Foundation.
4. Make at least one checkerboard and one Dresden block for the red project. Not done yet but they're not due until May 5 so I still have time, if I get my sewing machine back soon.
5. Finish making blocks for Pickle Dish, assemble top. Blocks are finished and squared up but not assembled into top. 
6. Work on prepping Winding Ways for Piecing Group. Yes, pieces are cut and half of them are marked. 
7. Hand sew on WIVSP Piecing Group Project. No, but stitched on a hand-pieced, vintage-inspired block which will become a pillow cover. 
8. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE
9. Have fun in Paducah! YES!!! And the stash report shows it.

While I didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped, I did get a lot of non-machine-sewing stuff done. I also tidied up the sewing room a bit; it's amazing how dust bunnies multiply in there. I also sorted through some notions and hand-quilting frames I no longer need and set them aside to put in my guild's upcoming fundraiser auction.
Hands2Help quilts for Little Lambs foundation

May Goals:
Some of these are left over from April....
1. Finish piecing grandson's big boy bed quilt top.
2. Piece and/or quilt another Rocking Chair or N4Nb quilt.
3. Send out Hands2Help quilts to Little Lambs Foundation.
4. Make at least one checkerboard and one Dresden block for the red project.
5. Assemble Pickle Dish blocks into quilt center.
6. Finish prepping Winding Ways for Piecing Group.
7. Start planning baby quilt for new great-nephew due end of September.
8. Hand sew on WIVSP Piecing Group Project.
9. Keep up with bee blocks.

That should keep me busy!


Link Ups:
Em's Scrapbag
Love Laugh Quilt
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts




2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! I feel your pain of a "missing" sewing machine! However, you certainly made the best of it! I am always amazed at the dust and such that accumulates in my room as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get your machine back very soon. Congrats on all the progress in April, even if wasn't in the areas you had hoped. Having a clean sewing room is a nice way to start the spring.

    ReplyDelete