Friday, July 6, 2018

AFS Blocks

A group of friends and I used to participate in a shop's First Saturday BOM program. We'd always go out for coffee afterward, which was the best part. After several years we got tired of making their projects, but we still wanted to get together for coffee, so we created our own Alternative First Saturday get-together. To keep it interesting, we challenged ourselves to declare a project and make progress on it each month, and bring the progress to show when we get together.

My project is the red Dresden plate and checkerboard project. I'm happy to say, I've finished the last Dresden block. Here they all are on my design wall.

The Dresdens will all get snowballed corners (you can see one test corner already) and the centers still need to be added. But the Dresdens have all been trimmed down to 14-1/2" so they're ready for the corners. 

The girls at AFS have seen these blocks several times so I'll just take a phone photo for accountability. I have another project I'm taking to show them, so I'll have something real to share.

Hmm, maybe AFS should stand for Accountability First Saturday. It has certainly helped keep me on track with this project. For the August meeting I want to have all the snowball corners added.


Link up: Confessions of a Fabric Addict

3 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful! I like the snowball corner, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accountability First Saturday sounds like a great way to think of the group! You have made great progress and I hope snowballing the corners goes quickly and easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dark reds you've used for you palette. The colors are so rich, it's going to be stunning when it's all finished.

    ReplyDelete