August Nurses for Newborns Quilt
August Stash Report:
Month IN: 5 yards (5 yds backing for Pickle Dish)
Month OUT: 17-7/8 yards (3-3/4 yds for whale baby quilt top, 1-3/8 yds for backing, 5/8 yds for binding. 2-1/4 yds for August N4Nb quilt. 9-7/8 yds for Pickle Dish top.)
YTD IN: 101-1/8 yards
YTD OUT: 98 yards
YTD net change: 3-1/8 yards IN
I'm sure I can make up 3-1/8 yards by the end of the year to break even. A couple more N4Nb quilts will take care of that, and those are all from stash. However, I'll have an opportunity soon to visit a quilt shop I only get to once a year, so I may do a little stash enhancement while I'm there.
Whale Baby Quilt
1. Finish baby quilt for new great nephew. DONE, the whale quilt.
2. Finish adding borders to Pickle Dish to complete the flimsy; order fabric for backing. Done and Done; backing arrived but needs to be pre-washed.
3. Make another N4Nb quilt. Done - Spiraling Star.
4. Add centers to the Dresden blocks for the red project. Done; also finished cutting away the backs behind the Dresdens.
5. Hand sew on WIGSP Piecing Group Project. YES!!! I got two whole row seams and part of another done this month. That's 12 or 13 days with some stitching.
6. Keep up with bee blocks. Done.
7. Look at UFOs and WIPs and plan next one to be worked on. Have several projects cut and kitted up for retreat in October. Will plan on working on those then.
WIGSP Piecing Group Project - Bottom Half
1. Bind grandson's Big Boy Bed quilt when back from the long-armer.
2. Prep backing, layer and baste Pickle Dish.
3. Make another Nurses for Newborns quilt.
4. Stuff centers of Dresden blocks (trapunto).
5. If time permits, make a donation quilt for CSQ's baby shower quilt drive.
6. Keep up with bee blocks.
It may look like a light list for September, but I'll be taking a break from quilting for a few days for some Grandma duty. Getting Pickle Dish basted will be huge, too.
Pickle Dish Flimsy