Monday, October 15, 2018

Something Bugs Me

Do you see it? Does it bug you too?

Look closer at the top and the bottom.

Ahhh, fixed. Much better.

So what was the problem and what did I fix? I didn't like the "missing" ends of the diagonals at the top and the bottom. Before: see the big space at the bottom of the second column in the photo below? It seems like another block should be there.

Fixed by adding another partial block to extend the visual diagonal.

I'm much happier with the result. I'm glad I found some fabrics in my stash that would work!

Sometimes you just have to see something on your design wall to know if it's working or not.



Link ups:
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Em's Scrapbag
Love Laugh Quilt

4 comments:

  1. The blanks spots did draw the eye....and not in a good, right? Did you consider doing that to the corners too? They don't seem to catch the eye like the middle ones did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is definitely much better. I had wondered about it and think it was well worth the time to add the partial blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see it till you pointed it out. It's good to catch those things before you get it quilted.

    ReplyDelete