Monday, December 10, 2018

On My Design Wall Today

Last week I showed patches on the wall for a Plus quilt I'm making. It was inspired by a Blogger Bundle I won from Bernie at Needle and Foot, so I'm making it into a Mercyful quilt for the hospice program she supports.


This week's progress: half of the patches are sewn into rows. This is so not my usual color palette - I'm not a purple kind of girl - but I think it's really pretty and I'm glad for the opportunity to expand out of my comfort zone a bit. Hopefully this week I'll get the rest of the rows sewn. 

But wait - What's all that red checkerboard stuff on the right? Those are nine patch blocks that will eventually become borders for the Red Project. More on that project another time.

Check out the other design walls at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
Other link-ups: Em's Scrapbag, Love Laugh Quilt

5 comments:

  1. Your progress looks great and it's fun to get a peak of your continuation of effort on the Red Project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a purple girl, either, but your fabrics are very pretty in this design. I am enjoying seeing the progress of your Red Project, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, I'm envious. I love the color placement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great contrast in that blogger bundle, which is so important in this quilt design. Your pluses are looking A++ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it!! The fabrics play so nice together!!

    ReplyDelete