Here's my progress so far.
I have only enough of the inspiration fabric left for the corners in one block, and centers in three others. Careful placement of the substitute fabrics - same value and tone - will be needed.
The block on the left with the dark corners bugs me. I think I need to replace the corners with a lighter purple that contrasts more with the orange, or else replace the orange with something lighter. Ether way, some seam ripper activity is needed.
Link Up: Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

I agree with you about that block on the left. I like the ones on the right as they don’t have two darks together like the left one. I see a theme emerging…… you are inspired by the challenge of designing the coordinated scrappy quilts. It really leans into your color background!
ReplyDeleteMy opinion...leave that block until you get another batch done, and see then if it still sticks out. Or if the scrappy chaos is enhanced by its presence.
ReplyDeleteYou are making good progress! It really helps to take time and step back and photograph projects like this. Sometimes I only catch what's bothering me when I look at it in a photograph. When you are engaged in a project like this, does it bother you to have your sewing room scattered with pieces?
ReplyDeleteYou have some fun blocks up on the wall. Fingers crossed you find a good substitute fabric, this is too fun of a project to stop now.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful quilt in progress; I love the colors..I hope you can find a good
ReplyDeletealternate fabric to continue...hugs, Julierose
This is going to be an amazing one!
ReplyDelete