An email from AQSBooks telling me the final proof was ready for my review.
Back in March they told me I would not see it again, and led me to believe it was going directly to the printer without an opportunity for me to see the corrections. I was distressed because I was forced to just trust that they made the corrections. At that time the executive director of publishing told me there was a chance it would be out in time for the Paducah quilt show. My editor said "You probably won't hear anything more until one day two cartons of books show up on your front porch."
Now - SURPRISE - 11 weeks later here's another "final proof." What's up with this???
So I reviewed the latest proof and found that they had made the corrections. I did find a few more things I wanted fixed; only two were content errors, the rest were for consistency. I sent them my edits Wednesday.
Yesterday I got the corrected version. YAY! They made all the corrections and it looks good.
I feel so relieved.
I signed the release. They can go to print with it as is now and I'll be satisfied with the final product.
They still haven't actually told me when it will be published. Their website has an August availability date. The communication could have - should have - been so much better on this project. But at least I know now that the book is as error-free as I can make it.
Here's a sneak peek at another of the quilts in it:
Singing the Blues
I'm linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I think getting a final review of my book and making sure all the corrections were made is totally whoop-worthy!