November Stash Report:
IN this month: 22 yards (Blogger Bundle from Bernie at Needle & Foot, 1-1/2 yards. Remnant order from Connecting Threads, 7 yards. FQ Frenzy & Sale at Jackman's, 12.5 yards. Inner border for the Red Project, 1 yard. )
OUT this month: 17-1/4 yards (Star print backing for Snake QOV , 5-3/4 yards. Donated Coral & Ivory top from 2011 STLMQG Sew-In, 2-1/2 yards. Binding for donated green top, 3/8 yard. Sheep baby quilt: pink Plus top, 1-3/4 yards, backing 1-3/8 yards, binding 3/8 yard. Donation to Cave Quilters spiral QOV: Star Print, 3 yards; white-on-white prints, 1-7/8 yards. )
IN YTD: 138-5/8 yards
OUT YTD: 143-3/4 yards
YTD Net Change: 5-1/8 yards OUT
Some of the yardage out this month was donated to a group QOV project. I've been working with Kevin the Quilter and some friends on a spiral star design that evolved from one of my Nurses for Newborns quilts. Here's the N4Nb quilt, the inspiration.
And a photo showing our progress on making a QOV in the same spiral concept. We got together earlier this week to make blocks, and amazingly we got them all made.
Photo credit: Kevin the Quilter
November Goals Update:
1. Make one last Nurses for Newborns quilt for November; due Nov. 10. DONE
2. Prep backing, layer and baste Pickle Dish. DONE. Quilting started.
3. Make another Operation Shower baby quilt for CSQ. DONE, pink Plus quilt with sheep backing.
4. Add first border to Red Project top. DONE
5. Look at UFOs and determine what to work on and/or what to do with some of them. DONATED four flimsies to Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for her Quilt Ministry.
6. Deliver donation quilts to their respective organizations. DONE - N4Nb quilts went to STLMQG on 11/10 and the orange Operation Shower quilt made in October went to the CSQ coordinator.
7. Hand sew on WIGSP Piecing Group project. Not done.
8. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE
Nurses for Newborns quilts turned in in November
Operation Shower baby quilt with sheep print backing
Basting Pickle Dish
1. Make two doll quilts for great-niece's doll bunk beds for her Christmas gift.
2. Make one side of checkerboard border for the Red Project.
3. Use the FQ bundle from Bernie (Needle & Foot) as the starting point for a Mercy Quilt for her, and get it to the flimsy stage.
4. Work on quilting Pickle Dish: get all of the SID for the background done and a good start on the background stippling.
5. If time permits, make another donation quilt for Operation Shower.
6. Hand stitch on WIGSP Piecing Group project.
7. Keep up with bee blocks.
Not listed, but if the scheduling works out, finish the Star Spangled Spiral QOV top with Kevin and friends.
That's a big list considering all the Christmas prep activities and social events going on this month. It might be kind of a stretch, but we'll see how much I can get done.
Link up: Confessions of Fabric Addict