I couldn't be more pleased with how my Pickle Dish quilt turned out. I started working on it in November 2017 as a personal goal-of-the-month project, and finished it this week, so it was 17 months in work.
I started with paper pieced arcs. After awhile, when my husband saw some of the arcs on my design wall, he said it looks like Dr Seuss. Um, okay, I guess I see the connection. Hence the quilt's name.
I really enjoyed making this quilt. So much so that I'm seriously thinking of making another Pickle Dish in a different color combo. Meanwhile, I'm keeping this one for me.
I quilted it myself, with topstitching on the arcs and stippling in all the background areas.
Borders at the top and bottom, so it wouldn't be just a square quilt. The total size is 66" wide by 78" long.
This quilt is so not photogenic! It's so much more vibrant and prettier in person than it looks in photos. The background print always looks greyed out. The background of the print is actually a dark hunter green. When you see it up close or in real life, you can see how pretty the fabrics are.
The arcs were laid out to form rings. Starting in the center: light coral, then two different yellows, then two different blues, two different green rings in the corners, medium coral arcs around the edges, and dark coral arcs in the corners.
The backing is a coordinating crosshatch print. The binding is the same floral print as the background, because I didn't want the distraction of another color around the edge of the quilt.
Most true-to-life colors in this photo
The backing also looks washed out in photos. It's hard to show the quilting but here's an attempt: