January Stash Report:
IN this month/YTD: 9-3/4 yards (FQ Sale, 4-1/4 yards. Connecting Threads order, 5 yards. Yellow Green for STLMQG challenge, 1/2 yard.)
OUT this month/YTD: 9-3/8 yards (Paddington Bear baby quilt top, 3-1/4 yards; back, 1-5/8 yards; binding, 1/2 yard. Backing for Mercyful Plus, 4 yards.)
YTD net change: 3/8 yard added to stash.
Shopping swatch guide for STLMQG 2019 color challenge
1. Add checkerboard borders to two sides of the Red Project. DONE, photo to come Friday.
2. Continue quilting Pickle Dish. Yes, more than 85% of the arcs and rings are now done.
3. Make backing, layer, baste, quilt and bind Mercyful Plus. Made backing but couldn't get into the dining room to use the floor for basting because the table was occupied with a jigsaw puzzle.
4. Look at UFO list, select a project to work on, make some progress on it. I looked at the list. Sigh. Most of the projects are at the flimsy stage and need to be quilted which means I need to spread them out and baste them. I selected one to tackle next which will go to Hands2Help. I also talked to long arm quilter Sandy E. about quilting Roman Road from last year.
5. If time permits, start Paddington Bear baby quilt for Operation shower. Yes, made Paddington Bear top and pieced the backing.
6. Hand stitch on WIGSP Piecing Group project. Not touched.
7. Keep up with bee blocks. Done
- Prepped for and took a String Piecing class with Kevin the Quilter. Made additional blocks at home.
- Tech-edited and created graphics for a friend's pattern.
String Piecing Workshop with Kevin the Quilter
Paddington Bear Baby Quilt Top
1. Layer, baste, quilt and bind Mercyful Plus.
2. Add top and bottom checkerboard border to the Red Project.
3. Prep Roman Road and send to Sandy for quilting.
4. Layer, baste, quilt and bind Paddington Bear baby quilt.
5. Prep for class with Quilt Diva Julie on March 1st.
6. Continue quilting Pickle Dish.
7. Continue string piecing "Goodnight Darleen!" from Kevin's class.
8. Hand stitch on WIGSP Piecing Group project.
9. Keep up with bee blocks & BOMs.
Pickle Dish Quilting
Roman Road Flimsy
STLMQG Color Challenge, January Block based on Nine Patch
Sew Fresh Quilts
Wendy's Quilts and More