I'm also bumming because Blogger no longer allows comments to come into my email where I can reply to the commenter. I feel like I'm losing some of my social connections. I'm sure a lot of others are experiencing the same problem. Anyone found a work-around yet? Are we losing the connected community that we quilt bloggers have created?
And on top of all that, my favorite local quilt shop is closing. Sigh.
Let's look back at May and see how it went.
May Stash Report:
IN this month: 8-5/8 yards (from Janie Lou shop closing sale)
OUT this month: 8-7/8 yards (N4Nb quilt, numbers print - 2-1/4 yards. Grandson's big boy bed quilt top, 6-1/2 yards.)
IN YTD: 64-1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 66-5/8 yards
YTD Net change: 2-3/8 yards out
Still doing okay with stash management. I bought fabrics for a new baby quilt and some stash enhancemants at the shop closing sale.
For baby quilt for new great-nephew due in Sept.
Stash enhancement, good gender-neutral print
1. Finish piecing grandson's big boy bed quilt top. DONE
2. Piece and/or quilt another Rocking Chair or N4Nb quilt. DONE and turned in.
3. Mail out Hands2Help quilts to Little Lambs Foundation. DONE and received.
4. Make at least one checkerboard and one Dresden block for the red project. DONE
5. Assemble Pickle Dish blocks into quilt center. Not done; I'm in the process of unstitching, re-pressing, and fixing the blocks. 3 rows fixed so far.
6. Finish prepping Winding Ways for Piecing Group. In progress; kits need to be ready to hand out on June 5.
7. Start planning baby quilt for new great-nephew due end of September. Yes - Purchased fabric; working on pattern.
8. Hand sew on WIVSP Piecing Group Project. Not touched.
9. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE
Okay, maybe my results don't look that bad; I did accomplish something after all.
May N4Nb quilt
Grandson's big boy bed quilt top
1. If possible, bind and label Snake quilt for potential QOV presentation on June 24. Depends on whether my friend can get it quilted with all the travelling she has going on.
2. Assemble backing for grandson's big boy bed quilt and get quilt layered and basted.
3. Piece and/or quilt another Rocking Chair or N4Nb quilt.
4. Make project for 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop, take photos, draft blog post.
5. Snowball the corners of the Dresden blocks for the red project.
6. Finish fixing the Pickle Dish blocks and assemble them into quilt center.
7. Start working on baby quilt for new great-nephew due end of September.
8. Hand sew on WIVSP Piecing Group Project.
9. Keep up with bee blocks.
Okay, that's a lot - wish me luck!
Snake QOV top made with friends
Linking up with Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts