Donation quilt, 45 x 45", ready for the binding to be sewn down.
Boomerang Patches Baby Quilt
February Stash Report:
IN: 12.5 yards (3/8 yd white-on-white for snake QOV; 12-1/8 yds from fabric swap)
OUT: 21 yards (1/2 yd for Boomerang top; 3/8 for binding; 1-1/2 for backing; 1-3/4 yd backing for donation quilt & 1/2 yd for binding; 16-3/8 yds donated to fabric swap)
Month change: 8.5 yards out
I definitely did okay at the guild fabric swap. I took 16-3/8 yards to give away and only brought home 12-1/8 yards.
YTD IN: 19-1/4 yards
YTD OUT: 35-1/4 yards
YTD Net Change: 16 yards out
February Goals Recap:
1. Keep up with Pat Sloan Solstice Challenge blocks. Yes, with modifications to suit me.
2. Finish Boomerang Patches baby quilt into a flimsy. Done - not only a flimsy but quilted and bound.
3. Cut pieces & paper-piece arcs for more snake blocks for next sew day at Kevin's. Cut more blue pieces and made one complete snake block. Still need to make more arcs.
4. Make progress on Roman Road WIP. Not touched. Instead, finished a small donation quilt that was a UFO.
5. Make progress hand piecing my Piecing Group project. Yes - finished sewing top borders on and started pressing all the sections returned by Piecing Group members.
6. Keep up with bee blocks. Done.
1. Keep up with Pat Sloan Solstice Challenge blocks.
2. Start a Hands2Help donation quilt
3. Start planning a 12 Days of Christmas in July project requested by my son.
4. Make progress on Roman Road WIP.
5. Make progress hand piecing my WIVSP* Piecing Group project.
6. Keep up with bee blocks.
*Work In Very Slow Progress
And because I'm pleased with how the Boomerang Patches baby quilt turned out, here are a few more pics:
I stitched in the ditch around the dark blue border, and quilted it with an allover large meander using light turquoise thread on the front and white on the back.
Lately I've been applying binding to the back first, then glue-basting and stitching it down to the front. I was able to preserve the points even though they go all the way to the edge of the quilt, without adding a surround border.
Monday Link-ups: Patchwork Times, Em's Scrapbag, Love Laugh Quilt