Well, I couldn't hold out. I had no fabric in up to the 30th, but I needed backing for the snowball quilt. So I blew it. A little more than just backing came home with me - some lights (low volume) for backgrounds, lacking in my stash. But I'm still ahead for the month and the year, so not bad overall.
Fabric IN July 2013: 4.9 yds
Fabric OUT July 2013: 11.2 yds
Fabric IN 2013 YTD: 85.0 yds
Fabric OUT 2013 YTD: 86.33 yds
Net change: 1.33 yards OUT
Yesterday I went to my LQS for the first meeting of their latest First Saturday BOM project. I hadn't participated before but this one is batiks which I love, and I have time now, so why not. I'm not counting yardage from First Saturday blocks because it's all cut pieces specifically allocated for this project. They had a huge crowd there and I ran into several friends. Some of us went out for coffee later which I really enjoyed.
Here's the finished snowball quilt; this photo was taken indoors with flash. I'll get some better photos outdoors later.
This week I need to work on labels and sleeves for my two entries into The Quintessential Quilt 2013
. Also need to layer and baste my STLMQG
Ohio Star Challenge. If I get all that done I can treat myself to a new project. Hmm, I'll have to play around in EQ and come up with something.
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times
- check out how others are managing their fabric addictions.