Although I didn't blog much in December, I did sew a bit behind the scenes. With a couple of finishes I used some fabric, but I also bought some, so let's see if I overshot for the year or if I broke even.
December Stash Report:
IN this month: 8-3/4 yards (5 yards backing for coral snake quilt. 3-3/4 yards from 35th Ave sale.)
OUT this month: 8-1/4 yards (Sock Monkey Plus top and binding, 6-1/4 yards. Color Challenge pillow front and back, estimated 2 yards.)
IN YTD: 103-3/8 yards
OUY YTD: 104-1/4 yards
Year End net change: 7/8 yards OUT
Wow, that cut it close, I'd call that break even.
I've had the pleasure this year of working on donation quilts with supplemental fabric from PCQ's stash. I do not count their fabric as either added in or used out when I tally my totals, so if a quilt was mostly their fabric and only a little of mine, I count only the small amount of my fabric used.
Recently a club member, Carla, passed some fabric that she's destashing to the club by way of me because she knows I make donation quilts. She said to use what I can and put the rest in the club's stash. I'm not counting Carla's fabric in or out because she donated it to the club, just gave me the privilege of selecting from it first. I will use her fabrics only in donation quilts.
1. Prep for and present a trunk show to PCQ at luncheon on Dec 13. DONE. Cut and Shuffle books are sold out and class in January is full with a wait list for a possible second class.
2. Work on the PCQ Color Challenge. DONE, finished pillow.
3. Participate in PCQ "No Shame Train" UFO group, first meeting Dec.14. Yes, participated and worked on "homework assignment."
4. Quilt the Sock Monkey donation quilt, long arm booked for Dec. 17. Not quilted; back is prepped and binding is made.
5. Continue making blocks for the Snake Quilt. DONE; all the blocks are finished.
6. Plan and kit up donation quilts using fabrics from Carla's box. DONE. Blue floral strippy is partially pieced and flannel squares is a completed top. Cabbage Rose tumbler is cut, laid out, and kitted up for piecing.
7. Work on donation quilts at social sewing. Yes, worked on piecing flannel squares top and cutting Cabbage Rose tumbler at social sewing.
1. Prep for and teach Cut and Shuffle class on 1/18.
2. Assemble the coral snake blocks into a flimsy and assemble backing.
3. Assemble the blue floral strip top from Carla's box.
4. Plan and kit up donation quilts from Carla's second box.
5. Quilt something on the club's long arm.
6. Participate in the No Shame Train and finish a UFO.
7. Plan a new long term complicated and challenging project to work on over time.
That's a lot and it will be a stretch to get all that done in January. For class prep, Cut and Shuffle books are sold out and I'll need to create and provide a stand-alone pattern for those taking the class who didn't get one of the last books. For donation quilts, Carla donated a second box of goodies; that'll be a future post. No Shame Train will continue for several months, and I'll post more about it next week.
2021 has been quite a year! Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2022.