First, a local bee I belong to held a Sew Together Day last Saturday. I took along several things to work on, and during the morning it was very frustrating because I ran into a few issues. After making a pillowcase for donation as part of the event's purpose, I tried to work on some piecing, but encountered problems requiring the use of the seam ripper. Grrr!!!!! Then I realized that I had forgotten my walking foot and was planning to work on some SID quilting, so I ended up running home and getting it. Once I had the walking foot, the rest of the day went well.
This little quilt will be a donation. It came about from the Ugly Churn Dash quilt (check it out, it's bad!) Per reader suggestions, I ended up adding some red churn dashes; then I cut up all the blocks DNP style, and reconfigured the pieces. I was able to get it quilted and bound at the event on Saturday. It's now finished and in the donation pile. Something about it kind of reminds me of feather-stitch embroidery stitches.
Salvaged Ugly Churn Dash, Reconfigured
Once I had the walking foot, I was able to work on this secret project a bit, too. It's finished. And that's all I'm going to say about it, and this is all I'm going to show. ;-) For awhile, anyway.
And finally, I was able to finish getting my Broken Chevron top together. I started it over a year ago, but it had to take a back seat to some other higher priority projects. Now I can get back to it. I have the backing pieced and the binding prepped. And I have a plan for quilting it, so hopefully I can get that done soon. (Pardon the plastic on the deck - it was damp here yesterday when I was taking pictures.)
Broken Chevron Top
Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts.