Monday, June 15, 2015

DWM 6/15/15: Girly Colors


Green, Iris, Raspberry, & Lime...
Last week I finished the boy donation quilt made from a FQ bundle of batik dots I had picked up in Paducah several years ago. This is the girl colorway using the rest of the colors in the FQ bundle. To have enough patches, I added in four unique black & white batiks from a charm pack. Zebra goes with everything, right?  I was able to get this top pieced while at camp last week. Now I'm hoping to get it quilted and bound this week. I have enough yardage of the lime dot to bind it with.

Both the boy colorway and this girl colorway will go to one of my guilds' donation drives later in the fall. Since both quilts have white in them and since I have about 1/2 yard of backing fabric left over from each version, I'll make drawstring bags to put the quilts in. The bags will keep the quilts cleaner until they reach their new owners, then the new owners will have the bags to use, too.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times. Check out all the other design walls over there.

2 comments:

  1. Great quilt with wonderful fabrics, Jan! I love your name for it, too. There is something so soothing about simple designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea to make drawstring bags to hold the quilts! I do that occasionally with left over fabric for baby quilts, but this is a good reminder to consider doing it more often!

    ReplyDelete