Sunday, June 28, 2015

June Stash Report & Goals Update

Stash Report:

OK, it's not the last day of June, but I don't expect any more finishes or fabric acquisitions between now and Tuesday so I'll go ahead and post my stash report for the month today.

June IN: 12.5 yards (9 yds from Darlene's stash;  2 yds Kaffe prints;  1-1/2 yds black prints)
June OUT: 8.75 yards (Boy Charity Quilt: 1-1/2 yds back, 3/8 yd binding.  Girl charity quilt: 2 yds top, 1-1/2 yds backing, 3/8 yds binding.  Handbag 2-1/2 yds. FG tutorial, 1/2 yd)
June Net Change: 3.75 yards added to the stash

YTD IN: 107.5
YTD OUT: 87.125
YTD Net Change: 23.375 yards added to the stash

I actually cut and sewed over 10 yards for the flying geese project, but since the top isn't finished, I can't count it out yet.
Partial view of flying geese project on wall

Goals:

June Update:
1. Prep for and attend GS camp retreat - DONE. And I had such a good time!
2. Make tote bag using pattern purchased in Paducah - DONE, but disappointed in the size. I may have to make another larger one someday.
3. Layer, baste, quilt and bind boy donation quilt - DONE
4. Write tutorial for matching fabric print at seam. Not done (someone posted a video tutorial on the same topic) but I did write a tutorial for FG with directional fabrics instead.
5. Keep up with bee blocks, including resolving the problem from last month. Current month done but last month's problem can't be resolved until I see the block's owner on July 11.

Other: Started new Flying Geese project, made over 400 FG units for it, & laid them out on design wall.

July Goals:
1. Organize Flying Geese project to work on at quilt camp at end of July
2. Make award ribbon for CSQ, due 7/21
3. Make fidget quilt for CSQ, due 7/21
4. Piece backing for Collection Plus quilt
5. Layer/baste/quilt/bind Collection Plus quilt before 8/8
6. Keep up with bee blocks, including resolving the problem from May.
7. If Gramercy & Friends comes back from the quilter, bind and finish it.

That ought to be plenty to keep me busy in July! What are you working on this month?
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the 10 yards for the flying geese project is going to go a long way toward balancing out your yearly stash balance - very nice! I keep making fabric errors on my MQG Riley Blake fabric challenge quilt, so I need to work on something else while I wait on fabric... again... I hope I can get it done by July 15th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your Flying Geese - what a flock!

    ReplyDelete