Sunday, June 7, 2015

Stash Report and BOYGI

No fabric in this week. I did buy fusing and webbing for a tote bag, but since it's not fabric, it doesn't count for the stash, right? 
OUT this week: 1-1/2 yards for backing for boy donation quilt. I'm pretty sure the top was already counted but I'll check before I tally the totals at the end of the month.
I'm making progress in the right direction!

We're all familiar with ROYGBIV for the colors in the rainbow, but here's a variation, BOYGI:
BOYGI

Still a WIP, a boy donation quilt, using some of a batik FQ bundle I picked up in Paducah about 10 years ago. Brown, Orange, Yellow, Green, Indigo. The fabrics are actual wax-resist batik dots; in some places you can see where the chop lined up. Now to find something that will work for binding...

Donation quilts for older boys are needed more than baby and juvenal quilts. I don't have anything in my stash suitable for an older boy, and I don't usually like to purchase expensive fabric specifically for a donation quilt if I can possibly use stash. I did buy the backing, a blue plaid from Eleanor Burns' warehouse in Paducah, but at only about $6 a yard, that's OK.

I have the rest of the FQ bundle of batik dots in fuchsia, teal, purple, and yellow, which I'll use for a girl donation quilt. I like to have donation quilts available when needed. Both of my guilds have donation drives for kid quilts going on later this year.

On tap for this week: GS Camp Retreat! Three days of sewing and hanging out with friends. Fun! I've packed the tote bag project for which I bought that fusing and webbing. We'll see how close to finished I can get it. I packed the girl donation project, too, in case I have time to get to it. Or in case I get frustrated with the tote bag project.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.


3 comments:

  1. Have fun at your camp retreat - it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is perfect for a boy, great color selection. Enjoy your camp this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour fabric choices, it really looks good!

    ReplyDelete