The non-quilty stuff has to do with catching up at home because I was on vacation for two weeks. I was in Perdido Key FL (near Pensacola):
Yesterday we left Pensacola early and drove to New Orleans. A bit SW of New Orleans in Des Allemandes we took an airboat tour of a wetlands area including marshlands, bayous and swamps.
After the tour yesterday we drove all the way home to St. Louis, arriving at 2:00am, so I can attend my guild's show opening today featuring a trunk show by Bonnie Hunter. I'm so glad I'm not missing it!
Anyway, back to the monthly reports:
September IN: 3 yards (Kona Bone for Antler Dance)
September OUT: 3-3/8 (1/2 yd for blue Wonky Stars; 1/2 yd inner border & 1-7/8 yds for outer border of QF Alt blocks top; 1/2 yd for red Wonky Stars;)
September change: 3/8 yard out
YTD IN: 128-1/4
YTD OUT: 116-1/4
YTD Net Change: 12 yards in
Still hoping to break even for the year. I just need some finishes.
1. Write tutorial for piecing a quilt top using my Fabri-Quilt block. Post on 9/4. DONE
2. Start prepping demo materials for teaching Cut & Shuffle workshop in October. Supply list due 9/4. Supply list done. Cut all the parts for new quilt "Antler Dance" using Block Mama method. These blocks will be demo blocks and step-outs for workshop.
3. Piece QF Alt. Block top including borders to a finished flimsy. DONE
4. If time permits, piece sashing for QF main blocks and assemble top w/ borders to a finished flimsy. Made sashing components, sewed blocks & sashing into rows but still need to join rows together.
5. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE
Other: Made six Wonky Star blocks for Alycia's QOV block drive.
Started piecing Antler Dance blocks.
1. Book signing at The Quilted Fox on October 4
2. Prep for teaching workshop
3. Finish piecing QF Main BOM Blocks flimsy including borders
4. Continue piecing Antler Dance
5. Layer and pin baste one WIP
6. Query from Quilt Pattern Magazine about submitting a pattern: Investigate their requirements and plan to submit something.
7. Sew Me STL retreat Oct 24-25
8. Teach Cut & Shuffle workshop Oct 24
9. Keep up with Bee Blocks
That ought to keep me busy!
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times