Friday, April 29, 2016

Black & Tan Quilt Finished

Whoo-hoo! I managed to get it done, just in time to link up with the OMG linky party over at Red Letter Quilts! 
Black & Tan Quilt for Hands2Help 2016

My priority goal for April was to get this Hands2Help quilt finished and bound, ready to send off to Happy Chemo. You can learn more about Hands2Help over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

The black & tan quilt is lap size, 58" square before washing. The fabrics used were entirely from stash, including the backing and binding. I quilted it on my domestic machine using the walking foot for SID around the sashing, and FMQ for a medium meander within the blocks. It's definitely not modern, but I've always liked this color combination.

This quilt is ready to be sent off to Happy Chemo for H2H, and I hope it brings a little comfort to someone.

grab button for RedLetterQuilts

9 comments:

  1. Very nice! Congratulations on the finish, which I am sure is going to be much appreciated by the recipient, and for meeting your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Great Job! Love the fabric combo, really striking.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour combination is lovely, congrats on the finish. A lovely man's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That number fabric is awesome, especially with the stripes. Should be a snap to match a recipient with this, I would have a hard time lettung go haha, especially if my DH saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilt! I'm a bright color gal myself, but can appreciate the subtle beauty of this one. I'm sure a chemo patient will be comforted by it's softness and then take it home as the perfect match for their living room couch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea for a great finish and for such a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on such a stately finish! It's a great quilt for a man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt, Jan! Congrats on your finish and how nice that you are donating it to this great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the finish! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete