Sunday, April 10, 2016

Stash Report 4/10/16 & April Doll Update

Nothing in this week. Out this week: 3/8 yard for a doll dress.
April Doll Dress

The doll came (naked) from Goodwill but she has obviously never been played with. I get to play with her make clothes and accessories for her until Christmas, then she'll go to my niece. I cobbled together a pattern for the dress from commercial doll pattern parts and raided my purple stash for the fabric. My plan is to make one outfit or collection of accessories a month.

In other news, I posted Part 1 of the Framed Nine Patch tutorial last week; see previous post below. I'll post Part 2 on Wednesday 4/13. Part 2 covers cutting up the starter blocks, laying out & assembling the top, and adding borders. I hope you'll join me if you're interested!

Linking up with Patchwork Times for Stash Report Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. The doll is lovely, and very cute dress. She will be loved. I plan on making the Framed 9 Patch, probably will cut 12 FQ using 11.5" squares and 2 strips to make a lap size quilt. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute dress. Fabric out is fabric out, even if it is not quilting related. Have fun making the doll clothes.

    ReplyDelete