Monday, May 14, 2018

Design Wall Monday: Sports Plus

While my sewing machine was in the shop, I took advantage of the time to cut into the new sports themed FQs I got in Paducah featuring baseballs and footballs.

I added soccer balls, basketballs, and bicycles from stash. I pulled other stash fabrics that harmonize, and cut enough squares for a Plus quilt.

This will eventually become another donation quilt. Agencies who serve kids in crisis always need quilts suitable for older boys. That's what I had in mind for these sports-themed prints.

By mixing in a variety of other prints, I was able to stretch the sports print FQs further. I have enough of the sports prints left for another quilt like this someday.

I have a lot of other projects in work right now, so I'll kit this up to work on at a sew day or a retreat sometime.


Link ups:
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Love Laugh Quilt
Em's Scrapbag

6 comments:

  1. Nice project for a boy, and very nice of you to donate it to a good cause. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday so I can see your quilt, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome you were able to add in enough other prints and fabric to stretch the sports themed prints to have enough for a second in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really good to know, that there aren't enough donation quilts for older boys in need. Can you please share which charity you're donating to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sports fabrics you used in your donation quilt! Sew fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt for an older boy! Of course, girls like sports, too. But we know how hard it is to find great boy-friendly fabrics so this one will definitely fill an important need!

    ReplyDelete